Some Trends In Web Design To Know About
The last two years have seen a rise in smartphones and other devices. Not surprising, but with the rise there has been some innovations and trends regarding web site designs that are worth knowing. Some of them are listed below.
- The hamburger menu: All of us have encountered these before. Clicking on a small icon of three bars opens up a menu that has all the main links. This is useful in saving space. It is well known so there is a lesser chance of confusing a new user.
- Card layout: this uses small cards of varying lengths and widths across the page. There is no space left on the site’s page but the user knows which is the most important by how big the card’s size is.
- Loading animations: Designed to entertain users in the otherwise boring task of waiting for the page to load.
- Hero size images: Nowadays due to 3G and 4G technology, loading a page is not a problem. So web designers in Sydney and everywhere else have taken to inserting HD images related to the site to gain attention.
- Motion animation: Perhaps not as used in mobile sites as on desktop sites, this trend is also gaining popularity because it shows the same product from various angles in an entertaining way.
It should be noticed that one should know about the trends in web design business. But it is not expected that designers should use all of them, because it would make the site look messy and cluttered.