Getting Child Custody Arrangements Legalized

I was not sure what to do when my husband told me he was leaving me. Sure, we had our problems, but what couple doesn’t? I thought we could talk about it, but he was not willing. He told me he had found someone else, and his life was with her now. I didn’t know where that left our three children in his eyes. He had never been too close with any of them, so I did worry that he was going to hurt them. I retained an Austin child custody attorney because I wanted to make sure everything was on paper as far as their care and arrangements were concerned.

My biggest concern was their emotional well being, but they actually handled the divorce much better than I expected. I have no doubt that their father loves them, but I also knew that he was starting over with a new family. I wanted to make sure the child support arrangements were made as well as custody issues. I had no problem with him seeing the kids as often as he wanted to, because they need their dad in their lives.

What I ended up having a problem with though was when would take them for weekends and then barely spend any time with them. His new wife was spending more time with them than he was, and the kids just really did not care for her. I wanted him to spend more time with the kids, but that is not something that I was able to force him to do. It seems the longer we were divorced, the easier it was for him to not think about them as much. I did end up keeping full custody of the kids, and they are with me just about every weekend and holiday too even though he has the right to have them then. I just hope he realizes what he is missing out on before the kids get too much older and won’t have time for him then.

Comments are closed.

About Me

Hello, I am John Vega from Boca Raton, FL.  I stated this website to talk about home improvement.  I spent 10 year in the industry and I love to share what I know.  However, the site has morphed into a multi subject site.  If you need some home improvement advice and you can't find it here you can contact me on the contact page and I will be glad to help you out.